Tuesday, December 20, 2016

The 5th Day til Christmas

On the 5th day til Christmas... I was up early (well early for me anyway) as Mum and I were going to the shops to finish off some Christmas food shopping. We’re going to the Gold Coast tomorrow for a family holiday so we had to buy snacks for that. I’m making a vegan, sweet potato cake for Christmas day, so another thing to buy for. And we also had lots of general food and drinks to purchase too. It was a busy hour or so but luckily the IGA wasn’t too packed out.
 You know I'm up early if I have time for breakfast!


Jeff and I have been looking everywhere for normal egg nog and gingerbread custard. Turns out, it was just down the road!


When I got back home I attempted to mow the lawn. I managed to do all the edges with our electric mower but the big petrol mower just wouldn’t start for me. Right now our lawn looks terrible because it’s half done but that’s as good as it’s going to get for now! I also spent a good hour cutting out huge weeds that had grown around our shed. It was stinking hot and I had random bugs landing on me the whole time, so all in all, not a happy Carmy!!

Trying not to run over Christmas lights

Weeding



For dinner, I went over to Mum and Dad’s house and cooked some filo, egg and mushroom basket type things. I wasn’t sure how they’d go but they actually turned out perfect and tasted really nice. Jeff was going to join us but go side tracked when he discovered the new Star Wars movie was out, so he ended up seeing that.




I’m all packed and ready to head off on a relaxing 3 day mini break tomorrow. Seeya later 5th day til Christmas!

No comments: