Monday, December 19, 2016

The 6th Day til Christmas


On the 6th day til Christmas... we started off the day with grey skies and cool weather which made for a lovely change. Rachel, Ada and I went out for brunch at Mooloolaba and watched the rain and fog fall over the beach. This was our first proper catch up since little Miss Ada was welcomed into the world and it was just wonderful spending time with my very special friend and seeing her as the amazing Mummy that she has become. I was even blessed with some sweet, sleepy Ada cuddles. After brunch we attempted a visit to the Plaza but between Christmas and the rain, it was far too busy!
 
Pancakes to start the day

Sleepy Ada

Such a snuggly baby girl

Foggy and rainy

What a gorgeous Christmas card!

Sparkly pink notebook, I LOVE it! Thank you West family :)
 

There are certain foods that just need to be made at Christmas time and they are gingerbread and shortbread. I set out to make both this afternoon and as you can see from the photos, I got quite a bit carried away. Luckily we have plenty of family members with a sweet tooth (or teeth)! I even made some pesto pastries ready for Christmas day.
 





Cooking break for a snack and some Grey's Anatomy
 

Later in the evening we had a visit from Rhonda, Dana and Gracie to see our Christmas lights. They must have smelt my cooking because they had perfect timing for gingerbread, shortbread and a cup of tea. Gracie happily played with the singing toys under the Christmas tree and admired all of our lights outside. She even had a very special Christmas card for us!
 

Gracie wants to help open presents.


She's a gingerbread fan too!


Our special Christmas card, look at that cutie!



 

I finished up the 6th day watching Love Actually and sorting out clothes for our Gold Coast holiday in a few days time. I’m going to bed with a smile on my face because it’s just been such a wonderful day!
 
 
 

No comments: