Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Christmas Day 2016

Another wonderful Christmas has gone by and as always I like to write a review of the day. A nice way to store away those special memories that I’ve made.
Jeff and I started off the day early at 7am and drove through the rain to Mum and Dad’s house for coffee and present opening. Uncle Greg, Aunty Jeanette and Abbie were already there so after a quick coffee we got straight into the unwrapping part of the morning. As usual we were all very spoilt with lovely presents and in particular, tickets to see Matilda the Musical with my family. I’ve been waiting a long time to see this show so I was thrilled!
 
I used an app to create this picture on Christmas Eve... I texted it to Jeanette, Mum, Chris and used Snapchat to send it to the Gadennes.












 

Around 8:45am we got back in the car and drove (through even worse rain) to Jeff’s parents’ house. The weather actually turned quite stormy as there was even thunder as we arrived in Caloundra. We ate breakfast with everybody and did the Gadenne family circle to Rhonda’s song – Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. Then we got stuck into another session of present unwrapping. There are 11 people in totally giving and receiving presents so it’s pretty full on and takes quite a while to get through all the gifts. Again I received lots of amazing gifts, lots of nice homewares which I’m looking forward to setting up in our house.
 
 


It all got too much for her!










 

Around 12:30pm it was time to catch up with my family for lunch. Jeff bought me a drawing set for my advent presents so we spent most of the time working on drawing a rather detailed owl while we waiting for lunch and present unwrapping. Everyone decided to open presents first and for the 3rd time we enjoyed receiving some lovely gifts. My family also does Secret Santa so my Dad handed out the gifts this year and I was really pleased as Jeff’s and my secret santa’s were really impressed with their gifts. They do say, giving is better than receiving! After presents it was onto lunch, even though I was pretty full already! Mum made a delicious 3 layer ice-cream cake for dessert which everybody enjoyed.
 










 

Once again we were off, back to the Gadenne’s for the evening. Jeff and I spent the late afternoon in the pool with Laree and Jason. We played water polo until the sun when down and the cooler air chased us out of the water and into a warm shower. 2016 Christmas day was actually quite cool to a change. We shared dinner and dessert and couldn’t believe we were able to fit more food in after a day of eating. I even ate pavlova which was delicious but so filling.
 






 

Around 9:30pm we travelled back home were Jeff and I exchanged gifts. Jeff gave me a pink toolkit and a huge jar of Nutella with my name on it. I gave him gaming headphones, white chocolate and a batman door matt. We ended the day watching Home Alone 2 but fell asleep on the lounge chair.
 






 

What a wonderful, busy, food filled Christmas day we had and I feel very blessed and spoilt by both families. I hope you all have had a spectacular Christmas as well.


No comments: