Monday, January 13, 2014

Sweet as Pie Baking Challenge – Banana and Caramel Layered Cake

It’s been a very busy time around our household for almost 2 months now. We’ve had visitors, Christmas time, Christmas day, a wedding and lots of other activities in between. Now that things have started to slow down I thought it was time to share a few of my latest baking creations from over Christmas.

I wanted to save this Banana and Caramel Layer Cake for a day when lots of people would be over to share it. Having fresh banana involved made me think it should be consumed fairly quickly or the banana would go off.  I made it for Christmas Day to share at the Gadenne family lunch and my family’s Christmas dinner. With all the delicious foods on offer that day, I didn’t actually try any but I’m told it was really nice, especially the caramel.




I made the cakes about a week ahead of time and it froze just fine. I made the caramel on Christmas Eve and let it set on the cake overnight in the fridge. You don’t have to do this but I was just getting organized as Christmas day around here is normally fairly chaotic.

Happy Baking!!

No comments: