Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The 7th Day til Christmas

On the 7th day til Christmasmy alarm went off at 6am so I could be up and ready for our groceries arriving between 6:30am and 8:30am, it seemed like a good idea at the time of ordering but I just wanted to go back to bed!!!
Groceries arrived around 7:15am and once they were put away, Snuggles feed and Jeff feed, I headed back to bed to eat some breakfast and watch morning television.
Groceries being delivered! 


Eventually I found the motivation to get back out of bed (I’m in holiday mode) and did some washing, watered the garden and made myself a delicious mango salad for lunch. My first mango of the year and it was really nice.

I had a visit from Misty in the afternoon and then spent the rest of my time cleaning the house before Jeff’s family arrive on Friday. Its sparkling clean now!!

First mango of the year 

My little reindeer 

Caught a sneaky gimps of this fellow! 

My garden is growing really well and some of my beetroots have been ready to pick for a while now. I decided today was the day and so I made beetroot risotto for dinner and am planning on pickling the rest once I get some good vinegar.
Beetroots I grew 

Jeff went out after work so I crashed on the couch with dinner, a glass for my favourite, pretend wine and my all time favourite Christmas movie Miracle on 34th Street. Snuggles and I had a lovely, Christmassy evening just relaxing. Jeff brought Christmas Krispy Kreme donuts home with him for dessert as well.






That's the 7th day done and dusted, getting close to Christmas now!!

No comments: