Saturday, December 21, 2013

The 4th Day til Christmas

On the 4th day til Christmas it was one of those typical summer days in Australia, hot!!! After a busy day yesterday I spent all morning sleeping on and off until 11am. When I eventually surfaced Jeff’s brother and sister were heading out the door so we decided to make pancakes for brunch to celebrate Jeff’s first day of holidays.

I pretty much spent the rest of the day on the couch with Jeff, Snuggles, Bella and Georgie watching Scrubs and trying to keep cool. We only got up now and then to put loads of washing on the line.

Snugs trying to keep cool

Parrots are so destructive. Georgie chewed our chair leg in a matter of seconds

Bella got into the presents


My garden wasn't impressed by the heat and I had to water it 3 times


Cooling down


We let the birdies have a cool bath


In the afternoon we walked down to the IGA to get snacks for the evening and when we got back everyone had arrived back at our place. I cooked dinner and by the time Jeff and I were ready to eat, everyone had left again to go out clubbing.


Walking to the IGA


Pups under the tree

Jeff and I spent a peaceful and relaxing evening on the couch watching more Scrubs and then we watched Carols in the Domain. I love watching the Christmas carols and was very pleased to be snuggled up on the couch with my little family watching it together.

A feast while we watch the carols


Snuggling with my girl 


I can’t believe that’s the 4th day and we are so close to Christmas now. 

No comments: