Friday, December 13, 2013

The 12th Day til Christmas

Today marks the beginning of my 12 Days til Christmas blog series. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, it’s basically where I write about the goings on in the Gadenne household each day til Christmas. You can check out the past few years 12 Days til Christmas posts by searching down the blog archive on the right hand side of the page.
I hope you enjoy the posts and have a wonderful Christmas season!!!

On the 12th Day til Christmas... I wasn’t called into teach so I started the school holidays early!!! It’s been a super busy term and year for me with teaching so I’m pretty stoked to have the next 7 weeks off to relax.

Once I knew I wasn’t going to be working today I sorted out my school things, re-filled my prize box ready for next year and packed everything away. What a wonderful feeling putting away my work things for the rest of the year. Then I kicked off the holidays by going back to bed and watching morning television til 11am.


Prizes for next year

TV in bed

My girl sleeping next to the bed

After lunch and a little bit of youtubing, I whipped up a couple of batches of chocolate chip cookies for Jeff and listened to Hillsong Christmas carols. I just love listening to Christmas music!!!



Snugs my cute little baking buddy

In the afternoon I started on a fairly complicated tofu style dinner and Rhonda dropped by to help us finish putting up our Christmas lights. Everything it lit up now and it looks like a Christmas fairly spewed all over our house. It’s very pretty!
Putting up the lights





After dinner… which I burnt (opps) I watched the latest Big Bang Theory episode. It of course was Christmas themed and was very funny! I finished off the 12th day doing our fortnightly grocery shop online while watching some Scrubs (which I’ve just started getting back into). Loving the comedies at the moment.




What a lovely 12th day, especially being the start of the Christmas holidays!!!! 

No comments: