Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sweet as Pie Baking Challenge – Lemon Coconut Slice





Next up on the baking challenge was Lemon Coconut Slice which had only 6 ingredients and was super simple to throw together AND no baking this time! With a uni kids catch up planned, I knew this was the one to make to share for morning tea and it was a hit. I was even awarded a Gold Star for my efforts (thanks Luke!)

My Tips
  • The best part about this recipe is beating those biscuits into crumbs. I put them in a zip lock bag, grab out my rolling pin that dad made me and went to town on those suckers! Felt pretty good!


  • When it’s time to press it into the tin, make sure it’s firmly pressed in. I used the bottom of a cup to press it in extra tight for the best results. Also make sure it’s even on top or your icing won’t float on top as nicely or evenly.  
Happy baking! 



No comments: