Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mary Poppins

For the past few months I’ve been looking at tickets to go and see Mary Poppins. I absolutely LOVE seeing stage shows and after missing out on seeing Wicked (booo) I really wanted to see Mary Poppins. Everyone who’d been to it had raved about how good it was and I tried many times to convince Jeff that we should go. He’s not really into musicals but he agreed we could go. For many reasons we never got around to buying any tickets and I was pretty disappointed.


A few weeks ago Mum told me that some of the teachers we know we’re going to see it and would I like to go? I jumped at the chance and last night we set off to Brisbane in the rain for dinner and the show.

It was brilliant and I couldn’t take my eyes off the stage the whole time. The dancing, music, singing, stage sets, tricks and just everything was excellent. I would highly recommend you see it even if you’re not a big fan of the movie Mary Poppins. I’m really glad I got to see it and hopefully in the future I might be able to see a few more. Lion King is coming back to Sydney I hear (nudge, nudge Jeff!!!)

Dress up ready to go!

Yummy dinner

Tickets!!!

The theatre!

Mary Poppin about to begin

We sat in the 2nd row from the front. you know your close when you can see the Orchestra pit! 

No comments: