Saturday, May 14, 2011

Feels Like Winter to Me!

Today has been less then warm; in fact it’s felt just like a brisk winter’s day. At quarter to 6 this morning when I woke up, it was as dark as night and pouring down rain! Yuck!


So it was the perfect day for this to arrive in the mail –


Our brand new electric blanket! We bought it on ebay last week and I thought it might take a little longer to arrive but YAY, perfect day for it to arrive! I can’t wait to snuggle up in bed with it tonight – neither can Jeff, Snuggles and Puss!

It was also a great night to try out a new soup recipe that I found and a great opportunity for me to join in on ‘Baking Bliss’ over at Hummingbird's Song which I’ve been keen to play along with for a while now!


Roast Capsicum and Tomato Soup
Can be Served chilled or hot. Serves 4

Ingredients

2 Red capsicums

7 Roma Tomatoes

1 tb olive oil

1 red onion (thinly sliced)

1tsp salt

1 cup Campbell’s chicken stock (I use veggie stock)

Method

Preheat griller. Lightly oil a baking tray. Bring a pot of water to the boil

Cut each red capsicum into quarters and dessed. Please on the oiled baking tray and place under the griller until the skins start to wrinkle (10 – 15mins). Turn them over and roast for 5 more minutes. Chop into chunks and set aside

To remove tomato skins, dip into the pot of boiling water for 30 – 40 seconds. Remove from the water and dip into cold water. The skins will slip off easily. Chop into chunks and set aside.

Heat the olive oil over medium heat in saucepan. Add the onions and sauté until golden (3 – 5 minutes). Place the capsicum, tomatoes, onions and salt in food processor and blend to a smooth consistency. Pass through a sieve. Pour the strained soup into a saucepan. Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.

Recipe from Advanced and wellness and behavioural centre

I served the soup with garlic bread and also added a little bit of pepper and garlic to the soup while it was simmering. It tasted great but I’ll warn you, it’s not like eating canned soup, not as salty or rich in flavor but very good for you!

2 comments:

Talia said...

Looks yummy! I'll have to try that one! Did you link this over at Rhi's blog? I must have missed it when I was looking at the link-up!!

Jeffrey and Carmen said...

I didn't link it up but I will next time!