Sunday, March 27, 2011

What Inspires You?

A few weeks ago I was reading something… I can’t even remember where but someone asked ‘What Inspires You?’ Normally if I can’t answer something I just skip over it and push it right to the back of my mind where all that useless information is stored but for some reason this really stuck with me. I thought about it quite a lot, ‘What really does inspire me?’, ‘Can I actually answer that?’, ‘Surely I can answer that…?’ It really bugged me actually!


I thought about what I believe in, my day to day life, what I’m interested in, where I wish my future to lead, all of those reflective and re-evaluation questions that one asks themselves when they are searching for an answer. Still no answer which completely annoyed me and to be quite honest really started to get me down. I even asked Jeff what he thought about it too. I figured that surely everyone could answer the question ‘What inspires you?’ within seconds, not minutes and not days either so why couldn’t I?

I guess for starters the way that I understand the word ‘inspires’ is not just as simple as something that interests me. Rather it’s something that makes me get off my butt right in that moment with great excitement and anticipation for what is ahead of me or for what I am going to do.

For the past few days I’ve been thinking about life and especially about my Wasting Time post from last month. Our time on earth is but a vapour, a whisper in time. The bible says that our days are numbered which is very true. And at long last, I found where my inspiration comes from – our days are numbered!

I live life, I get excited about things, I anticipate things in my future because we only live on this world once and we should make the most of it. God created us such a beautiful planet (it’s not without its flaws or we wouldn’t want heaven) but we’re here for a reason and we might as well make the best of our lives because this world does still have a lot of amazing things to offer us! I’m also inspired by the love that God has for me! I only wish that I could have that kind of love for everyone around me! Love that knows no limits and has no conditions!

So now it’s your turn to think and maybe you can answer this question faster than I can – What Inspires You?


No comments: