Sunday, February 20, 2011

Wasting Time!

I know this post is pretty heavy for 6:45am but I have been thinking about it for quite a while and seeing as it’s too stinking hot to go back to bed, I thought I’d share it with you.


How many of you feel like sometimes, some days, you are just wasting time? I do for sure! Not all the time, but some days I just think ‘What a waste of my day!” and it annoys me so very much! Whether it be that I stayed up so late that I slept most of the day away, just couldn’t get motivated to do anything no matter what or that I just had to do something I didn’t want to that day. Wasting days and time really quite annoys me.

Let’s get one thing straight though, there is a BIG difference between wasting time and having a relaxing day doing nothing. I’m all for relaxing days off and holidays where nothing gets done, what I am talking about is general day to day life.

Do you know that if you were to live until the age of 90 you would only live for about 32,850 days? Okay, there are times when that number seems huge but in the grand scheme of things, that really isn’t a lot of days! Jeff and I borrowed more money than that to buy a block of land! That is why wasting time and days annoys me so much!

So let me encourage you not to waste your life away. If there are things you want to do, save up and go do it! Be sensible, we all need homes, food, clothing etc but seriously, if there is something you really want to do/achieve in life, go do it! 32, 000 or whatever days is not a whole lot of time to achieve what you what, just shows you that we certainly don’t live forever! And be happy, don’t waste those days away being cranky and bitter about things. Forgive and forget quickly and show your love to those around you. A smile can be the greatest gift you give another person!

3 comments:

Talia said...

I know exactly what you mean. At the moment I feel like Luke and I are in this little hole- not really doing anything, just waiting for a whole lot of things to happen. Not fun!

Being a relief teaching is excellent some times- but those weeks when you're at home the whole time, and the house still isn't clean at the end of it kinda suck. :-(

Jeffrey and Carmen said...

Yup thats how I'm feeling! So incredibly glad it's not just me though lol!

Anonymous said...

Trains waste my days can some develop interdimential travelling :) ?