Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Saying Goodbye to 2010

You might remember this post from last year, well here we go again!


What was the best part of 2010?
Our wedding day on the 9th October 2010! Nothing can really beat that as it was an amazing day in every way possible and was something we’d been waiting for since we started dating way back in 2007! If you’re interested in reading all about it and our planning than please head over to Our Wedding Journal.


What was the worst part of 2010?
It took me quite a while to think of the ‘worst’ part of 2010 but I’d say it was in November when our poor little Snuggles was diagnosed with Cancer and had to have it removed, plus a lump under her eye and 7 teeth. I was so devastated and worried about her but even it had a great outcome. She came through the surgery really well and they managed to get all of the cancer and curer her. So it actually turned into a great moment of 2010! I really can’t understand people who put down their animals because it’s going to cost too much to make them well. Snuggles is part of our family and I love her to bits, as far as I’m concerned it was worth every penny to make her well and happy.


What was the biggest surprise of 2010?
First of all I was going to write, all of the VERY generous gifts we received from people at our wedding. And for sure this was a huge surprise in 2010; we can never thank you all enough! But another huge surprise for the two of us was that the bank allowed us to purchase our very first block of land! We both really wanted to buy the land but never in a million years thought we’d be able too. But what an amazing surprise and blessing from our wonderful God when we were able to by it and now it is ours to hopefully build on during 2011!


What are you most looking forward in 2011?
Hopefully building and moving into our first home but that is still up in the air a little bit! We’re also hoping to buy another car which will be nice! At the moment we are also planning a couple of trips for 2011 which is something we’re both looking forward too.


Is there anything you are not looking forward to in 2011?
I can’t say there is anything I’m not looking forward too. I think moving out will be a big step and challenge, as will building our own house. But I can’t wait!


Which new years resolutions did you keep in 2011?
No resolutions but I did try my best to lose some weight for our wedding which actually did happen!


What will be your new years resolutions in 2011?
It’s not a resolution but in 2011 Jeffrey and I would like to spend more time with God and grow our spiritual relationship a little more together.


What will you be doing on new years eve?
My dearest Jeff has to work until 9pm on New years eve so I image when he gets home we will either head out somewhere for coffee or to see fireworks OR we will just stay home and enjoy one another’s company!


Who will you be with at new years eve?
My husband!


Who do you want to kiss to see the new year in?
My husband Jeffrey!


What was the best song of 2010?
The best song by far was our beautiful piano version of Who Am I recorded on piano by a friend of Jeffrey’s brother. It’s something super special to the both of us!


What was the best TV show of 2010?
Jeff introduced me to a website called TV Blindx which I’m loving. I also have to say the same as last year, Packed to the Rafters was my most watched prime time TV show!


What was the best book you read in 2010?
Other than my bible, I didn’t really read anything this year. I was way too busy with wedding planning to sit still and read a book very much. Maybe in 2011 I’ll get something good!


What was the best film of 2010?
I really enjoyed The Blind Side this year. It was such a complex film and something I would recommend to anyone! Sandra Bullock was brilliant!


What change would you like to make to your life in 2011?
In 2011 I’d like to develop more independence which I think will naturally happen when we move into our own house and have our own space!


What change would you like to see in the world in 2011?
I’d love to see people being a little less selfish and self-centered. I see this happening so often lately whether it’s on TV, in people I see when I’m out or a little closer to home. In fact I see it in me all the time and I would like to improve this in 2011 too.

Welcoming in the New Year together!

We discoved this pool that is open 24hrs for free. Love it in the hot months!

I became head of the media ministry at church and blogged ALOT!

I got beautiful flowers for valantines day!

I gave Jeff cufflinks for our wedding day!

We had some flooding!

Jeff had a BBQ for his birthday party and I made him a cake!

And got an iphone 4 as his birthday present after much saving!

I fell in love with apple!

We dressed up as Mary and Joseph for Talia and Luke's party!

We did LOADS of wedding planning

We welcomed Snuggles into our lives!

Snuggles and Puss tried to be the best of friends!

We celebrated Easter with lots of chocolate!

And went to the dawn service for ANZAC day!

Church became a huge part of our lives and we did lots of work for it!

Rachel had a scrapbooking party which was great

And Talia had a 'T'  party! I love tea parties!

We flew to Rocky twice during the year for pre-marriage counselling!

We went to the Zoo in Rocky!

We had Hightea with the Buchanan's!

And the Glenview cafe became our favourite place to eat and have coffee!

We had so many great breakfasts there!

We bought our first block of land!

And had a land party with our family and friends!

Jeff's whole family came to visit!

And Brett and kate had their CD realese!

Nana and Poppy celebrated their 60th Wedding Anniversary

And they got a letter from the Queen!


Mum celebrated 20 years of teaching at Peachester!

Jeff was give lots of awards for his hard work at IBM!

Our front lawn had a make over!

We decorated our favourite cafe for Jeffrey's Mum 60th birthday party!

I had my first ever spray tan! It worked out so nicely!

I also got new glasses for our wedding!

Coffee got me through our wedding planning

We got engagement photos taken before our wedding day!

Jeff at his bucks night

Me at my hens day!

Rachel took me to toowoomba for a girls weekend prior to the wedding to celebrate!

We had a wedding rehearsal and learnt to dance

At long last we got married on the 9th October!

We had so many amazing photos taken!

And set off on our honeymoon to the Versace!

And Qualia at Hamilton Island!

We bought our first bed together and changed my room around!

Snuggles had to have surgery

I got my hair cut short

We planned and ran the Christmas Carols at church
We've been enjoying the first 2 and half months of married bliss!!!!

No comments: