Monday, December 27, 2010

On Christmas Day

Well Christmas is all over for 2010 and we’re just a few days away from New Years. For all of you faithful readers I thought I’d write about Christmas day 2010!


It was our first Christmas as a married couple but being married now means sharing ourselves between two families – parents, brothers and sisters and relatives. That is a big ask for just one day but we try our best to see everyone.

Two weeks ago we did our Gadenne family Christmas at the lodge with lots of food, presents and songs. As usual the house was filled to the brim with presents and later with wrapping paper! We had a great day and went home feeling very full!

On Christmas day we got up at 7am to get ready and open presents with my family around the Christmas tree. I got some new Nike joggers, a movie voucher and some money towards our next car. Jeff got the same but rather than shoes he got a nice shirt.

Next we headed to Mooloolaba for breakfast with Jeff’s dad, Brett and Kate. After opening our awesome Christmas presents we headed over to my grandparents house for the rest of the day where we ate, chatted, opened presents (again), did our secret santa and celebrated my Auntie’s birthday. Jeff and I even managed to get some time to ourselves down near the water for a chat and just enjoying one another’s company.

Before it got too late we headed back over the Jeff’s dad’s place at the lodge to skype all of his family down in Sydney and have dessert with his dad. Everyone was exhausted by that point in the night and when we headed home I think we both fell straight into bed!

Phew, what a day it was. I do however wish Christmas didn’t have to be quite so full on for the both of us. One year I’d love to have something peaceful and relaxing with my husband! Maybe when we have our own house that could happen!!!!

Breakfast wtih the in-laws!

Gadenne Family lunch

Around the christmas tree

Puss opening her present on Christmas morning

My families Christmas lunch

Jeff opening our present from Nana and Poppy

My hottie husband!

Husband and wife on Christmas Day!

Opening Secret Santa presents with my family

Gadenne Christmas tree packed with Presents

No comments: