Monday, December 28, 2009

Saying Goodbye to 2009

What was the best part of 2009?

Jeffrey’s and my engagement party was really special and planning our wedding has been a lot of fun. One of the best moments of the wedding planning was putting on my first wedding dress when Rachel, Talia and I went shopping.

What was the worst part of 2009?
You can never have good without bad. There were definitely a few bad bits of 2009 however the Lord only used them to strength my relationship and faith in Him which I’m thankful for. We press forward into 2010 leaving all good and bad behind. The memories we take with us are our choice and I plan to just take the good and of course remember the wisdom I’ve learnt from the bad!

What was the biggest surprise of 2009?
First of all Jeff and I had many surprises as we opened the gifts from our engagement party, we were very blessed. I really enjoyed surprising Brett and Kate with their beautiful photobook for Christmas and I also though the surprise Rachel organized for Aaron was pretty awesome. She bought him his puppy pug Frank who is gorgeous might I add!

What are you most looking forward in 2010?
Definitely the 9th October when Jeff and I get married at Maleny Manor. I’m loving all the planning but I cannot wait for the big day.

Is there anything you are not looking forward to in 2010?
There’s nothing I’m not looking forward too however I know there will be challenges especial with buying a house and moving out. But I have faith that all will be fine.

Which new years resolutions did you keep in 2009?
I don’t make resolutions in the New Year. However my quiet time with God was quite challenging this year, I had to read 5 chapters per night. I didn’t always keep up to date however I did finish all the readings.

What will be your new years resolutions in 2010?
I’ve written up my plan for quiet time with God for 2010 and it’s got a major focus on marriage and the Fruit of the Spirit so I’m praying I can follow through with it each night and benefit.

What will you be doing on new years eve?
On New Years eve Jeff will be arriving back from Sydney so we’re planning on just spending it together away from all the crowds. Jeff’s big brother Brett told me that he believes the way you spent New Years is the way you will spend your year. Well if I was to think like that I’d like my year to be peaceful and close to Jeff and my Lord.

Who will you be with at new years eve?
Jeffrey and we might visit some friends if we have time.

Who do you want to kiss to see the new year in?
Jeffrey my very soon to be husband.

What was the best song of 2009?
Well I don’t follow music that closely these days but if I had to pick a song I played the most this year it would be 10,000 miles by Mark Schultz.

What was the best TV show of 2009?
Packed to the Rafters, Scrubs, House and of course I watch Neighbours!

What was the best book you read in 2009?
Rachel lent me a booked called Happily Ever After which was about marriage. Jan from Church lent me a book called Into China which was about a Chinese missionary and I bought a book called Intimacy Ignited which I plan to finish in the next few days which is basically about sex within marriage. All Christian based books.

What was the best film of 2009?
Hard to remember what I’ve seen but Marley and Me was the first movie I’ve actually cried in and it was a beautiful story. I plan to buy it!

What change would you like to make to your life in 2010?
The biggest change I WILL be making is changing my name from Carmen Owen to Carmen Gadenne (even feels weird to type) and I’d also like to develop more patience during 2010 as I’ve noticed this year I can snap easily.

What change would you like to see in the world in 2010?
I’d like to see people thinking a little more before they do things like chop down trees, waste water and just generally take our world for granted. Not sure what the likelihood is of that happening though.

I've added some pictures of the bigger events or things significant to me during 2009. Enjoy!

Brett and Kate's wedding

Poppy's 80th Birthday

Selling Jeff's Skyline which I was SOOOO happy about!

Our Engagement Party on the 28th February!

Home Group on Tuesday nights. This picture is at Aaron and Rachel's old house however it was also at other people's places each week.

Josh and Kate's wedding which I couldn't make it too but Jeff was a groomsmen


Seeing 2009 in with my friends and Jeff

Giving Brett and Kate their photobook just a few days ago for Christmas

Kitty arriving at Jeff's Dad's house.

My gingerbread house

Chris' graduation

First trip away with Jeff. We went to Rockhampton to visit his friends.

Simon and Jan's wedding on the 13th September


2009 was the year of Chai Lattes yummm.

We got a fair bit of flooding

And a HUGE bush fire on the coast

We explored reception places and settled on Maleny Manor

I visited the Guylian chocolate cafe in Sydney with Mum, Dad and Chris

I got acrylic nails done for the first time and LOVED them!

Was a busy year of teaching

Had the most horrible class ever
 but managed to make gingerbread men with them for Father's day!

Helped Aaron and Rachel move house

Suprised with beautiful flowers for my birthday. They smelt heavely!

Kevin gave us a coffee machine for Christmas. Thanks Big Kev!!!

No comments: