Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Acceptable Conversation

As of late through bible study, church and prayer with God I’ve been thinking a lot about a certain bible verse. 1 Peter 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation. The first thing I learnt about this verse is that it’s not just referring to what we talk about but the conversation of our whole lives – how we live our life.


This is not just a post for others to read but for myself as well. Lately it’s really been bothering me when I look around at Christians in general and listen or look at what they are doing that others (whom may not be saved) can see or hear. Some of the things I hear come out of the mouths of Christians are disgusting and totally opposed to the gospel. Some of the things I see them partaking in are even worse!

I’ve heard so many times people who don’t believe in God talking about how Christians are hypocrites or judging them for things they do. I think it’s fair to say that eyes are more on Christians as people expect us to always do the right things, they do forget that we are only mere humans. However I strongly believe that it’s very easy to take our salvation for granted and go about life as usual. Once you proclaim the good news of God and that you are a Christian you need to realize that the old has pasted away and not take it so lightly. Things in your life MUST change and not just for a little while but forever. You need to be prepared to get rid of anything rotten or dishonouing to God now or even in the future.

Ephesians 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

We are changed and we need to act like it! I also think everyone needs to keep a close check on their lives, what is coming out of your mouth as I see too many times people speaking things that belong in the world not in heavenly places – which is where our conversation is! Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Now don’t for a second think that I believe God wants to steal away our fun or having a laugh. I’m not saying we must talk of God and only God 24/7 or we must be perfect and proper all the time. Noway! I’m saying keep away from the dirty jokes, don’t say nasty things about other and be VERY careful what you write on the web!!!!! Come on guys, everyone can read what you type on facebook or twitter!!!

So don’t let yourself be deceived by worldly conversation or living because you have the eyes of the world on you as well as your Lords. You never know the difference you could make in someone’s life by being faithful to God and His word.

No comments: