Thursday, December 17, 2009

8th Day til Christmas



On the 8th day til Christmas... I rested for most of the day because my wisdom teeth on the left side of my mouth have been really hurting. When they started to feel a bit better I got up to find our house filled with all the different kinds of foods that I love! I also knew we had mangos before getting to the bottom of the steps because of the AMAZING smell!


For the rest of the afternoon I listened to music, listened to my bible, finished organising the last few Christmas presents and writing Christmas cards. The Lord also showed me a very special way to bless two people in Jeff’s family so I got to work on that. I’m so unbelievably glad that God uses me as His servant each day and I pray He will continue to do so!


During the evening I was left home alone which I didn’t really mind. Mum and Dad went for dinner to a client’s house, Chris was at a friend’s house and Jeff worked until late so he couldn’t keep me company. So I took this opportunity of peace and quiet to have a super yummy dinner, freshly home grown corn and a salad with baby spinach, mango, feta, cucumber, and avocado YUMMMMMMM! I sat in front of the TV and watched my favourite Christmas movie Miracle on 34th Street. It’s not really a traditional Christmas film but I have many special memories of watching it at Christmas time. I think I’ve seen it most years too.


It was a peaceful and relaxing 8th day!

I thought I’d leave you with a piece of encouraging scripture:
Then shalt though call and the Lord shall answer, though shalt cry and He shall say, here I am. Isaiah 58:9 Remember the Lord is always available. He’s never out of range or on anther call!

No comments: