Tuesday, December 22, 2009

3rd Day til Christmas

On the 3rd day til Christmas... I decided to have a cooking day. I wanted to make vanilla slice and lamingtons. I started with the vanilla slice and what a disaster it was! The pastry puffed too much, I burnt the custard filling, the icing was too thick and when I went to cut it up the whole thing was like concrete and wouldn’t cut. I was very patient with it but in the end it didn’t taste good and wouldn’t cut so I just threw it away.


The lamingtons worked out just fine and tasted pretty yummy. I’d like to figure out how to make lighter sponge cake though but I imagine it just takes practice. It pretty much took me the whole day to finish cooking and I was feeling pretty yucky when I was done so I lay down to watch TV for a bit. I used a bit of my foot soak, scrub and cream which made me feel really nice along with my new facial products. I’m REALLY loving the results of using these, so worth every penny!

When Jeff got back from work we headed over to Bekky’s house for home group. We had lots of fun chatting and playing bible Categories. We were also blessed with some Christmas presents, thanks everyone we love them!!!!

I can’t believe it’s the 3rd day til Christmas!!! Jeff and I have some very busy days ahead of us so stay tuned!

No comments: