Friday, July 10, 2009

The News in my Life

Recently I have welcomed some new things into my life. Over the school holidays I've really embraced these things and thought I'd share!

Exercise
I realise (as do you, if you read my posts) that Jeffrey's and my wedding is still 13 months away however after trying on wedding dresses and starting to get fitted, I have decided I need to thin down a bit. I'm not huge or over weight but along with most girls, I have certain areas I'd like more toned. Once a day I've been pedalling my parents exercise bike for 15 - 30mins per day. So far I've managed to do it 6 days per week. It's a bit of an old, noisy beast but I can read and pedal so it does the trick!

I've also dragged out one of dad's lightest weights and am lifting it to help tone my arms.

Piano practice!
When I was younger I had many years of piano lessons which I just did nothing with. Over the fast few years Jeff has always tried to encourage me to play the piano again (but I wouldn't). He believed that I could play it but I totally didn't. So recently he gave me a massive shove to start playing again and I agreed. Turns out his belief in me was true and I actually can play!!!! However I believe that God is trying to teach me patience through piano playing as it drives me absolutely CRAZY that I cannot play quickly straight away. I'm very temperamental you know lol!

I've discovered that I can play every single melody line of all the songs in the hymn book (which is a lot of songs.) However I will have to practice very carefully to play all of the parts. Someday I hope to be able to play well enough to accompany my singing.

Tonight is my Poppy's 80th birthday party which I think is a massive milestone so I'll hopefully upload some photos to facebook in the next few days. I'm taking the SLR to get some nice snaps of this day.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Where's the photos of you lifting pansy-ass weights? :P

Jeffrey said...

I would watch phil carmen is not as weak as you think. If she really wanted to I think she could be me in lifting weights. ever see that movie about the super heroes and that guys wife acts all weak when she is really stronger then the guy sometimes I think that is carmen. Good thing for me she doesn't like to embarass me.