Thursday, July 9, 2009

5 Thing I’d Recommend

Everyone has things they use that are brilliant so I thought I’d just share 5 of mine with you. If you are a blogger maybe you could write a post like this too! Sharing is caring afterall!


1. Tupperware Happy Chopper – I bought this from one of Talia’s Tupperware parties and I could not be happier with it. I can chop veggies, fruits, herbs (dry them first), nuts and I can even mince foods and puree foods. I use it just like a mini food processor. It’s safe because your fingers are away from the blades, quick to use and clean.


2. The Body Shop Warming Mineral Mask – For almost $30 for a smallish tube, this stuff is quite expensive but use it sparingly and it’s fantastic. It just seems to draw the oil out of your skin and leave it feeling clean and natural. I love it and use it about twice a week. Also feels nice as it warms up on your face. It lasts me around about 6 months a tube.


3. GHD Hair Straightener – Again I realise these are very expensive but if you save up they are well worth the money. I can turn it on and 10 seconds later it’s more than hot enough to do the job. At its full heat it straightens so quickly and you can even be used as a curling iron.


4. Pasta Maker – Talia introduced me to making pasta and I just love it. It takes a tad bit longer but the taste is so different and really yummy. I find it hard to eat packet pasta now. Making your own means you know exactly what is in it. I’d definitely recommend spending a little extra and getting a good quality pasta maker as mine is a $25 one and it’s bending and the blades are not sharp anymore. I’m buying a new one from MYER when I’ve saved up.


5. Bamix – Another one for the kitchen! My parents own a Bamix and I can use it for so many different things. Whipping cream quickly, pureeing, making soups, milkshakes, frothing hot milk or my scrambled egg mix so they are light and fluffy.

Overall I think I recommend that spending a little more on certain items is important because they work better. My parents have bought good quality kitchen items and 30 years later still have them working perfectly. I hope that some of these might interest you and that you might recommend some things to me in your blog or in my comments.

1 comment:

Phil said...

Couldn't give a rat's ass about any of those. Except maybe the hair straightener.