Sunday, March 1, 2009

Saturday 28th February

28th February 2009 was Jeff’s and my engagement party and it was just the best! Everything looked beautiful, the food was yummy (so I’m told because I couldn’t manage to eat) and we had lots of fun celebrating with our family and friends. We are absolutely overwhelmed with gratitude to all of those who helped us make the day so special. Especially to my parents who provided the special day and to Jeff’s parents who helped make it truly a garden party with a gorgeous water feature!

Of course we had some ups and downs on the day (Jeff’s car broke down so he was a little late) but other than that it went very smoothly and everyone pitched in to setup and packed up. We have stacks of drinks, plates, cups and decorations left over from the day and even a little bit of food. Jeff and I got some lovely gifts (water jugs were very popular... we got 4 of them haha) and we also got quite a large amount of money to put towards our first home.

My next job is to write thank you notes and tidy up the left over stuff and then we get to start our wedding planning YAY! I’m really excited and was even able to ask my two cousins if they would be my bridesmaids. I was really thrilled because they were so happy about this idea.

In other exciting news I can officially tell you who my bridesmaids are going to be!!!!
Rachel, Talia, Sarah, Morgan (these are my cousins) and Laree (Jeff’s Sister). I’m so excited and can’t wait to go dress shopping!!!! By the way you can check out pictures on my facebook!!!

No comments: