Thursday, July 31, 2008

Women's Work


Lately I have been thinking about about being a wife and their role in the relationship. I've heard a lot of opinions on what a wife should do but I don't totally agree with some of them. My parents both work 5 days a week however I don't think that this will be me exactly. I know that the world we live in today is VERY expensive and we need a house, food, cars and will most likely have children etc. However to understand my point of thinking, you need to read Provers 31 in the bible.
I don't think God ever really intended women who are married to work full time, rather take care of the house, her husband and children. Maybe this sounds boring however God's word says 'Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates' Proverbs 31:31. What a wonderful promise. I'm sure that God has got many blessing in store for a faithful and hard working wife.

So lets got practical! How can one family survive on one income with expenses such as a mortgage, food bills, power & water bills, Internet, phone, pets and maybe even children??? Here is some ideas to help!


Start a vege patch with the essentials


Have a herb garden


Make your own bread


Cook your own snacks (i make muesli bars)


Cook from scratch (its far cheaper)


Plan out your meals for the week so you don't over buy at the shops


Look around for cheap fruit and veg


Plan out your car travel and use public transport when possible.

With the saving you make from food you can always put towards a mortgage, power bills, Internet etc. Healthier food, a lovely house to come home too and lower stress levels will help to create a happier and more relaxed household which in my opinion no amount of money can buy!




3 comments:

Jordan the great said...

Carmen,
I disagree

I think mothers should definitely stay home with young kids as a PREFERRED parenting situation.

However, the idea of women being only home dwelling beings is a bit sexist and also only in the bible due to cultural relevance.

It is important for a woman to look after her husband and her children but it is also important for a man to do the same.

Full time work is a fact of life for nearly all women, married or not
Jordan

.

Carmy14 said...

I agree with the working is a fact of life, things are expensive. I also agre that the man should look after his wife however from looking at the bible I believe that God doesn't intend women to take on work full time, rather look after the house.

However I don't think God be that bothered by a women working as long as she didn't neglect her wife duties.

Poiter Wilson said...

"It is important for a woman to look after her husband and her children but it is also important for a man to do the same." - Jordan...


I think the same Jordan... and it should be 100% up to the wife, if she wants to work then work.... if not then not... as long as she is happy...

Poiter
http://poiterwilson.blogspot.com