Monday, July 14, 2008

The Boring Bug


Thats right, as of late I've caught the boring bug and it sucks! Not only am I bored but I'm not motivated to do anything either. I have plenty of ideas of things to do but I can't be bothered. And this got me thinking about life in general, sometimes life is boring! I don't think God intends for earth to be a wonderful and exciting place all the time or we wouldn't want to go to heaven one day.


This also got me thinking about marriage. Now as you know, Jeff and I are getting closer to getting married and I think that the media does a real diservice to all people however especially to those considering marriage. We have to remember that life is NEVER like the media portrays it, we do have to go through the good, bad and boring and thats when I think true love comes in. True love is sticking by someone when things are less than exciting. Its easy to think that marriage will change everything and that you will never be bored again, after all the lead up to the marriage is huge. Rings, proposal, engagment party, hens/bucks nights, reherslas, dress fittings, planning, wedding day, gift etc etc. But after that you actually have to live together, love one another and face life!


When I see married people on TV or in magazines they are always going out, having fun and have exciting things happening 24/7 but thats not really how it works out. BUT as a clever friend of mine once said to me, just because your bored doesn't mean you have to stay that way. You always have the power to change whats happening around you.


So here is a few ideas that I have for flighting off the boring bug!

Spend time with God

Cook something yummy

Do something special for a friend

Write a letter to the one you love

Look at old pictures

Watch an old movie

Play with your pet

Find a hobbie you enjoy

2 comments:

Jordan the great said...

Well Carmen, I reckon I am up there in the boredom stacks with you.

Carmen, someone has to explain this:

Married people have sex so that they are not bored.

Carmy14 said...

"Married people have sex so that they are not bored."
Do they? Where did you hear that?